Yummy Black Pepper Big Head Prawns Recipe
This is one of the dishes I cooked for my family during Chinese New Year. Hope You like this recipe I share with You. This prawns dish symbolizes happiness and laughter all the year round.
Some background about the prawn. This is fresh water big head prawn. The meat is juicy and tender with creamy roe in their heads. The roe taste like eggs yolks !!! Picture below are the prawns in the wok after cooked.
– 4 Fresh water big head prawns
– Ginger (cut into strips)
– 10 Garlic cloves
– Spring onion
– Few chilies (optional)
– Cooking oil
Condiments for sauce :
– 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
– 2 tbsp. black pepper
– 1 tsp white pepper
– 1 tsp black soy sauce
– 1 tsp Corn flour
– 3 tbsp. rice wine
Cooking Method :
(1) Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
(2) Deep fry prawns until they are cooked, drain oil and set aside.
(3) Heat up wok with 3 tbsp. of oil, stir fry garlic cloves and ginger strips until fragrant. Pour in the sauce, stir and mix all ingredients.
(4) When the sauce slightly boil, return prawn to mix with the sauce, add in spring onion.
(5) Once the sauce thickens, ready to serve.