Flavorful And Appetizing Capsicum Rendang Chicken Recipe
Hi friends, happy to share with you this chicken and potatoes dish cooked with ready-made Rendang paste. This fragrant rendang chicken and colorful capsicum is appetizing and healthy. Together with the wheat wrap (Roti Prata) or rice, it is a well balanced meal which is flavorful as well.
Recipe of Capsicum Rendang Chicken (2 -3 servings)
– 1 packet of Rendang Paste : 200 grams
– Chicken thigh (skinless and boneless) : 300 grams (bite size)
– Capsicum 150 grams (or as desired) (bite size)
– 2 potatoes (bite size)
– 1 stalk of lemon grass and a few curry leaves. (to enhance fragrance).
Simple Steps :
(1) Boil the cut potatoes, set aside. (because cooking time for potato is longer than chicken)
(2) With 3 tbsp. of oil over medium heat, stir fry Rendang paste, lemon grass and curry leaves until fragrant. Add in chicken and potatoes, stir fry and mix all ingredients.
(3) Next, add water to cover chicken meat, mix well. Lower the heat, simmer with pot cover until chicken meat is tender and the gravy reaches the right consistency.
(4) Lastly, stir in capsicum and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Ready to serve with rice or Roti Prata (wheat wrap).