ASUS TUF Dash 15 Gaming Laptop. Save 428 Dollars From This Online Deal.
Compared with the sleeker ROG notebooks, older TUF notebooks tend to look garish. Certainly, you pay for what you get, but apart from the tangible costs of components and materials, there is no excuse for poor design. It is possible for even entry-level products to look stylish and elegant.
Unlike last year’s TUF A15 gaming notebook, ASUS has opted to completely revamp the TUF Dash F15 (we’ll just call it the TUF F15 from here on out).
TUF F15 has a slimmer and more confident appearance than its predecessors. This notebook reminds me a great deal of the older ROG Zephyrus series of notebooks. Gunmetal gray is the color of the lid, and it has a nice and polished appearance, while black is the color of the inside.
The TUF F15’s keyboard is a dead giveaway that it is a gaming notebook. While the WASD keys on the previous TUF A15 were backlit in an odd orange-red colour, those on the TUF F15 are a more neutral greenish-white hue that I found to be more subtle. In fact, the effect is more subtle than it appears, and can be turned off or adjusted in terms of brightness. In fact, it is rather cool to see the light shine through the transparent WASD keys and provide a practical guide for you to locate those all-important keys if you like to play games in dimly lit environments.
The keys themselves provide good feedback, and I quickly became accustomed to typing on the TUF F15 due to its well-spaced keys. There are exhaust vents on the back and sides of the TUF F15 to facilitate cooling. The I/O ports have been relocated due to the vents taking up a significant amount of space on both the left and right sides. An Ethernet port, a USB type-A port, a USB type-C port, a HDMI port, and a microphone combo jack complete the standard ports.
How does the display look? I received an ASUS TUF F15 review unit equipped with a FHD (aka 1080p) IPS-panel and 144Hz refresh rate, as well as Adaptive Sync. A 144Hz refresh rate is sufficiently fast for even most professional esports players, even if it isn’t as fast as displays with a faster 240Hz or 300Hz refresh rate. It is worthwhile to note that the display offers good colour and contrast performance with 100% sRGB coverage, which is an uncommon feature for notebooks in this price range.
Asus has also reduced the side and top bezels of the screen, but this has come at the expense of an integrated webcam. Nowadays, most of us have adapted to a work-from-home environment,
There is an external (and a very good one) webcam bundled with the ROG notebook line for 2021, most of which also do not have a built-in webcam. However, this is not the case for the TUF F15. It is up to you to purchase one separately. If you frequently participate in video chats on your notebook, the missing webcam is a troublesome sore point that must be addressed externally.
List Of Features And Benefits
– SUPERCHARGED RTX GRAPHICS – Gameplay graphics are silky smooth with the GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6 at 1050W with Dynamic Boost and cutting-edge AI features including NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing.
– MUX SWITCH BOOST – By connecting the GPU directly to the display, the GPU is able to increase performance and reduce latency
– Enjoy smooth streaming and multitasking with the Intel Core i7-12650H Processor featuring 24-MB Cache, 4.7 GHz, 8 P-cores and 4 E-cores and 16GB of blisteringly fast 4800MHz DDR5 RAM on Windows 11
– SWIFT VISUALS- Make your mark with the 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Display at 144Hz.
– Your 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD provides ample storage for all your games, enabling you to take advantage of the full RTX gaming experience.
– It remains COOL – Uses dual self-cleaning arc flow fans with anti-dust technology to extend the life of the system
– TOUGHNESS TESTED TO MIL-STD-810H – TUF line devices have been tested to withstand drops, vibrations, humidity, and extreme temperatures to ensure their durability.