Dark Soy Squids with Onion Recipe
This is a simple and an easy seafood dish which is very flavorful and tasty. Squids fried with onions and chilies to enhance the freshness and flavor of the squids. This dish is even more tastier and flavorful when dark soy sauce is added to cook with it.
Scald the squids in boiling water and a quick stir fry when combine with other ingredients have made the squids very chewy and appetizing.
Raw cane sugar is added to balance the saltiness of dark soy sauce and also brings out the taste and fragrance of the dark soy sauce.
– 4 squids : 600 grams
– 2 Onions : slice
– 4 red chilies : cut into sections
– Dark soy sauce : 3 tbsp.
– Raw cane sugar : 1 tsp.
– Spring onion : cut into sections
– Cooking oil : 3 tbsp.
– Vegetable seasoning to taste
(1) Rinse Squids thoroughly and cut into rings.
(2) Scald cut squids in boiling water until about 80% cooked, dish out and drain well, set aside.
(3) Heat up pan with 3 tbsp. of oil, add in onions and chilies, stir fry until fragrant.
(4) Return the squids, add in dark soy sauce and raw cane sugar, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly. Finally, add in spring onions and seasoning to taste.