I cooked eggplant in few ways :
(1) Stir fried with sambal sauce or fish sauce,
(2) Steamed with minced meat topping,
(3) Baked with ham, mushroom and tomatoes, topped with cheese,
(4) Cooked in curry with other vegetables.
For this recipe, eggplant is cooked with fish sauce and dark soya sauce, eggplant absorbed the flavor of sauces and other ingredients that is cooked with , making this dish very flavorful and delicious.
- • Egg Plant : (cut into rectangle shapes)
• Minced garlic : about 3 tbsp.
• Fish sauce : 2 tbsp.
• Dark soya sauce : 1 tbsp.
• Raw cane sugar (or any sugar) : 1 tsp
• Cooking oil
. Water : 1/2 cup
• Spring onion and Chili (for garnishing)
Cooking Method :
1. Heat up pan with 3 tbsp. of cooking oil, sauté garlic until fragrant, stir in eggplant, add in fish sauce and cane sugar, stir fry and mix all ingredients.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup of water, with pan cover, simmer until eggplant is cooked, drizzle in dark soya sauce, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly.
3. Garnish with spring onion and chili (optional), ready to serve.