Hi Dear Friends, few ingredients are needed for this easy way to cook Sambal chili chicken recipe. That is the beauty of this dish. It is very tasty with fragrance of spices. One of the main ingredients is sambal. For this recipe, sambal is made with ready made chili paste, shallots, garlic, ginger, candle nut, lemon grass and oil.
What is Sambal?
“Sambal is sauce typically made from a variety of chili peppers and secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, sugar, lime juice, and rice vinegar or other vinegars.”
This combination of ingredients gives a strong fragrance with spiciness that pamper your taste buds. It can be eaten with rice, wheat wraps etc.. Enjoy this recipe friends.
Picture of Dish
– 2 Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) : cut into bite sizes
– 6 shallots
– 4 cloves garlic
– 2 slices of ginger
– 6 candle nuts
– Half stalk of lemon grass
– 1 tbsp of ready made chili paste
– 5 red chilies (optional)
– 6 table spoons of cooking oil
– Garnish with Cilantro
Simple Way of Cooking :
(1) Blend shallots, garlic, candle nuts and lemon grass together with some water. Blend into smooth paste.
(2) Heat up pan with cooking oil, add in blended paste in step 1, chili paste and red chilies, stir fry and mix all ingredients is cooked and chili oil forms.
(3) Add in chicken meat, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly until the chicken meat is almost cooked (about 2 minutes).
(4) After about 2 minutes of frying, add in half cup of water, with pan-cover simmer until the gravy boils and chicken is cooked and tender.
Tip: For Step 2, You have to make sure the ingredients are well cooked till they have no raw smell. This ensures that the taste is fragrant.