Fried Ban Mian With Soy and Oyster Sauce Recipe
What is Ban Mian?
Ban Mian (板麵) is noodle made of wheat flour.
In local food Centre, I have tried this delicious handmade noodle served as fried dry noodle or cooked in hot soup with meat and vegetable.
I like to share with you this delectable flavorsome fried Ban Mian with Soy and Oyster Sauce recipe. I greatly enjoyed this dish as its fragrance and taste is absolutely delicious.
Taste of Dish
Texture of ban mian is smooth. The sauces are also absorbed by ban mian too giving it a salty and sweet fragrant taste. No salt or any chicken seasonings are needed.
The chicken also absorbs the marinated sauces making it a delicious addition to ban mian. Carrots and bean sprouts are added for crunchiness and to balance the saltiness.
– Ban Mian : 300 grams
– Chicken meat : 250 grams (cut into bite sizes)
– Bean Sprout : 100 grams
– Carrot strips : 100 grams
– Green chili strips (optional)
– Mince garlic : 2 table spoons
– Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)
– Cooking oil
Condiments for marinating chicken meat :
– Dark soy sauce : 1 tsp
– Sesame oil : 1 tsp
– Corn flour : 1
– White pepper powder (to taste)
Sauce for frying Ban Mian :
– Dark soy sauce : 3 tbsp.
– Light soy sauce : 1 tbsp.
– Oyster sauce : 1 tsp
– Sesame oil : 2 tbsp.
– Sugar : 1 tsp
– White pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
– Water : 100 ml
Cooking Method :
(1) Marinate chicken meat with condiments mentioned above, set aside for half an hour.
(2) Cook Ban Mian with boiling water. When it is cooked, rinse it under cold water. This way, the Ban Mian will be smoother and also prevents it from becoming too soft.
(3) Heat up 2 table spoon of cooking oil, sauté minced garlic until fragrant, stir in chicken meat and stir fry until the meat is cooked.
(4) Add in sauce mixture for ban mian to the chicken meat, when the sauce start to boils, lower the heat, add in cooked Ban Mian, stir fry and mix all ingredients until Ban Mian is evenly absorbs the sauce.
(5) Add in bean sprouts, carrot and green chili strips, stir and mix all ingredients evenly.
(6) Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy fragrant, smooth and nutritious Ban Mian.