Fried Prawn Noodle Recipe
I Like to share with you friends this fried prawn noodles recipe that is bursting with a variety of delightful flavors. When You first taste this aromatic noodle, its fragrant sweetness and flavorful saltiness comes from broth boiled from prawn shells, pork belly and squids.
The important aspect of this dish is the broth that is absorbed into the noodles which brings out yummy aromatic taste. With Seasoning, that even brings out more of its tasty flavor, you are in for a yummy treat.
You can add sambal chili to this dish to add spiciness and flavor. You can also squeeze a bit of lime to add sour and refreshing taste if you like. Hope you like this dish full of a variety of wonderful tastes.
Ingredients (5 servings) :
– White shell prawns : 500 grams
– Squids : 300 grams
– Pork belly : 300 grams
– Water : 600 ml
– Rice flour noodle (white) : 350 grams
– Wheat flour noodle (yellow) :150 grams
– Bean sprouts : 100 grams
– 3 eggs
– Spring Onions
– Minced Garlic : 2 tbsp
– Cooking oil : 3 tbsp
– Salt and seasoning to taste
– Sambal Chili (home-made)
Cooking Proceduce :
(A) Preparing broth for Prawn Noodle :
1. Remove prawn shells and intestines. Rinse Prawn Shells in Water. Add 600 ml of water to prawn shells and let it boil for 15 minutes.
Boiling Prawn Shells
2. Bring prawn broth to boil again, add in pork belly. When it is cooked, drain and set aside. When pork belly cools, slice into strips.
3. Bring the broth to boil again, add in squids. When it is cooked, drain and set aside till the squids cool down, cut into rings.
4. Finally, when soup boils again, add in prawns. Set aside when it is cooked.
(B) Now the broth is ready, proceed to cook the noodle:
1. In a wok, heat up 3 tbsp of oil, saute minced garlic until fragrant, set aside in the wok.
2. Add in eggs and fry them. When the eggs almost cooked, add in the 2 types of noodles and few scoops of broth to the noodles (or half fill the noodles), fry and mix ingredients evenly.
3. After noodles have absorbed the broth, add in meat ingredients, spring onions, bean spouts, salt and seasoning to taste. Add few scoops of broth again, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the noodles absorb the broth.
4. Serve hot and it tastes even better with sambal chili and a few drops of lime juice.
5. For my home-made sambal chili sauce please refer to this link below: