Aromatic Ginger Juice Chicken Wings with Crispy Shredded Ginger Recipe
I often cook my dishes with fresh ginger because of its aromatic and delightfully spicy aroma. I use ginger in cooking as condiments, sauces, dressings, and marinades.
• 8 pieces of Chicken Wings
• Minced fresh ginger : 3 tbsp
• Shredded Ginger : 200 grams
• Minced Garlic : 2 tbsp
• Mirin (Rice Wine) : 2 tbsp
• Sesame Oil : 1 tbsp
• Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
• Cooking oil : 5 tbsp
• Water : ½ cup
• Tapioca Flour (or Corn Flour) : 1 tbsp Flour +3 tbsp Water.
• Salt and Seasoning (to taste)
• Fresh ginger juice : 200 grams
• Oyster sauce : 2 tbsp.
• Raw cane sugar : 1 tbsp.
• Mirin (or Rice Wine) : 3 tbsp.
• Corn Flour : 2 tbsp.
• White Pepper Powder : 1 tbsp.
Ginger Juice :
For Garnishing :
• Crispy shredded ginger
• Spring Onion
(1) Marinate the chicken wings with all the marinades and set aside for overnight in refrigerator. (or at least 1 hour in refrigerator).
(2) Shred Ginger into strips and fry them in hot oil until golden brown, set aside.
(3) Heat up pan with 5 tbsp. of oil, sauté minced ginger and garlic until fragrant, add in chicken wings, fry and mix all ingredients.
(4) Add in 1 tsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of sesame oil and 2 tbsp. of Mirin, stir fry and mix all ingredients. Add in ½ cup of water. Simmer with pan cover for 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is tender.
(5) Add in seasoning (to taste) and flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
(6) Garnish with Crispy shredded ginger and Spring Onion.