Savor the flavor of Kurma chicken cooked with Kurma Mix. Ingredients of Kurma Mix are Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Pepper, White Pepper, Cloves, Star Anise and Cinnamon.
Kurma Chicken is spicy but not hot as no chilli paste is added to the dish. I like its fragrance which is different from what I normally cook such as curry chicken, chilli chicken or rendang chicken.
Recipe of Kurma Chicken
- Chicken thigh (Skinless and Boneless) : 500 grams (cut into bite sizes)
- 2 potatoes : (Cut into bite size)
- Cherry Tomato (or 2 tomatoes cut in pieces)
- 1 or 2 Onion (sliced)
- Kurma Mix : 5 tbsp
- Garlic : 50 grams
- Ginger : 50 grams
- Few curry leaves
- Coconut powder : 3 tbsp (or 1 cup of full cream milk )
- Cooking oil : 1/2 cup
- Water : 2 cups
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil cut potatoes until cooked. Set aside.
- Blend garlic and ginger together with water to half cover ingredients, blend into paste, 2 table spoons of blended mixture required.
- Heat up ½ cup of oil in pot, add in 2 tbsp of blended Garlic and Ginger , few curry leaves and Onion, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in chicken meat, Kurma Mix, salt and a little water , stir mix evenly, follow by cooked potatoes, cherry tomatoes, coconut powder and remaining water, mix well and simmer until chicken meat is cooked and sauce thicken.