Korma Chicken Recipe
I savor the flavor of Korma chicken cooked with Korma Mix. Ingredients of Korma Mix are Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Pepper, White Pepper, Cloves, Star Anise and Cinnamon.
Korma Chicken is spicy but not hot as no chilli paste is added to the dish. I like its fragrance which is different from what I normally cook such as curry chicken, chilli chicken or rendang chicken.
Recipe of Korma Chicken
• Chicken thigh (Skinless and Boneless) : 500 grams (cut into bite sizes)
• 2 potatoes : (Cut into bite size)
• Cherry Tomato (or 2 tomatoes cut in pieces)
• 2 Onion (sliced)
• Korma Mix : 5 tbsp.
• Garlic : 50 grams
• Ginger : 50 grams
• Few curry leaves
• Coconut powder : 3 tbsp. (or 1 cup of full cream milk )
• Cooking oil : 1/2 cup
• Water : 2 cups
• Salt (to taste)
1. Boil cut potatoes until cooked. Drain well and set aside.
2. With water half cover garlic and ginger, blend into paste.
3. Heat up ½ cup of oil in pot, add in blended garlic and ginger paste, few curry leaves and Onion, stir fry until fragrant.
4. Add in chicken meat, Korma Mix, a pinch of salt and a cup of water, stir fry and mix all ingredients.
5. Next, add in cooked potatoes, cherry tomatoes and another cup of water, stir in coconut powder, stir and mix well.
6. Lower the heat, simmer for 10 minutes until chicken meat is cooked and tender.