Hi Friends, fish slices are marinated with spices, sugar and salt for 30 minutes before its cooked to give it a delicious flavor. Pandan leaves wrapped around it adds to the fish’s fragrance.
It is easy to cook with Go chef 8 in 1 cooker. Best of all savory with fragrance of spices and pandan leaves. Savor this fish dish with fragrant coconut rice is a treat. Tasty sides dish of this set meal are fried layered omelet and long beans.
Hope You like this recipe.
(I) Pandan Spicy Fish Slices Recipe
– Toman Fish : 400 grams (slice into 8 pieces and 1 cm in thickness)
– Pandan leaves : 4 pieces (cut into half which long enough to wrap the fish
– Tooth picks : 8 pieces
Spices for marinating fish slices:
– Coriander powder : 2 tbsp.
– Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
– Korma powder : 1 tsp
– Raw sugar (or sugar) : 1 tsp
– Salt : 1/2 tsp.
Method of Cooking :
1. Mix all spices in a bowl and marinate fish slices, set aside in refrigerator for half an hour.
2. Wrap fish slices with pandan leaves and seal with tooth pick.
3. Baked at 240 degree C for 15 minutes (in Go Chef Cooker ) or until your desired browning.
(II) Coconut Rice Set Meal Recipe
Beside the savory and fragrant pandan spicy fish slices, this delicious fragrance coconut rice set meal also includes fried long beans with minced garlic and layered omelet.
Ingredients of Coconut Rice :
– 2 cups of white rice
– Coconut powder : 40 grams
– 2 cups of water
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– 4 pieces of Pandan leaves (tie together)
– Home-made Sambal Sauce
Simple Way of cooking :
(1) Wash rice, drain water, add in coconut powder, salt and water, mix all ingredients.
(2) Add in pandan leaves to cook rice. After 10 or 15 minutes, fragrance of coconut rice fills the kitchen.
Side dish (1): Fried Long Bean
Slice long bean into small sections. Sauté minced garlic in hot oil until fragrant, add in long bean and stir fry until it is cooked and crunchy.
Side dish (2) : Fried Layered Omelet
(2.1) Whisk 5 eggs in a bowl, add 1 tsp of soy sauce.
(2.2) Heat up a round pan with olive oil ( 1 tbsp.). Add in a scoop of egg, when this 1st layer of egg is almost cooked, flip and set aside to form a half round omelet in the pan.
(2.3) Add in another scoop of egg on the empty side of pan, when it is cooked, flip the other half of the omelet over.
(2.4) By adding the egg and continuation of flipping the half cooked omelet left and right until the egg is finished, layered omelet is ready.
For my home-made Sambal Sauce, please refer to :