Fragrant And Spicy Sambal Chili Chicken Recipe
Hi dear friends, happy to share with you this Sambal Chili Chicken recipe. It is very tasty with fragrance of spices. One of the main ingredients is my home-made Sambal sauce.
Sambal sauce is made with chili paste, shallots, garlic, ginger, galangal, candle nut, lemon grass. This combination of ingredients gives a strong fragrance with spiciness that pamper your taste buds. I enjoy this fragrant and tasty Sambal Chicken with rice, noodle and wheat wraps.
Picture of Dish
– 2 Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) : cut into bite sizes
– 6 shallots
– 4 cloves garlic
– 3 slices of ginger
– 3 slices of galangal (blue ginger)
– 6 candle nuts
– Half stalk of lemon grass
– 1 tbsp of ready made chili paste
– 5 red chilies (optional)
– 6 table spoons of cooking oil
– Garnish with Cilantro
Simple Way of Cooking :
(1) Blend shallots, garlic, ginger, galangal, candle nuts and lemon grass together with some water. Blend into smooth paste.
(2) Heat up pan with cooking oil, add in blended paste in step 1, follow by chili paste and red chilies, stir fry and mix all ingredients until it is cooked and chili oil forms.
(3) Add in chicken meat, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly until the chicken meat is almost cooked (about 2 minutes).
(4) After about 2 minutes of frying, add in half cup of water, with pan-cover simmer until the gravy boils and chicken is cooked and tender.
Tip: For Step 2, You have to make sure the ingredients are well cooked till they have no raw smell. This ensures that the taste is fragrant.