My Home-made Sambal Sauce (Savory Chili Sauce) Recipe
Hi Friends, introduce to You my home made sambal sauce recipe.
Beside using sambal as a dipping sauce for fried and grilled food, it tastes even better with a few drops of lime juice.
I often used sambal sauce to cook many flavorsome dishes for seafood like spicy squids and fish., poultry like sambal chicken, sambal pork slices and veggies like okra, egg plant etc…
My family specially like to savor sambal sauce with plain rice or coconut rice. It is also savory with noodles too.
Ingredients to be blended :
– 10 shallots
– 5 cloves of garlic
– 10 pieces of candle nut
– 1 stalk of lemon grass
– Ginger : 20 grams
– Blue ginger : 10 grams
Other ingredients : –
– Chili paste : 3 tbsp.
– Raw Sugar : 2 tbsp.
– Salt (to taste)
– Vegetable seasoning (to taste)
– Cooking oil 1 cup
Simple Way of Cooking :
(1) With water half fill the ingredients, blend them into paste.
(2) Heat up pan with 1 cup of oil, add in the blended paste and chili paste, stir and mix all ingredients evenly. Stir once a while.
(3) Once the oil is separated from the ingredients and there is no raw smell, add in raw sugar, some salt and seasoning to taste.
(4) Let it cool and store in glass container before it is refrigerated.