Spicy Scallops Recipe
Savor this spicy scallops that is beautifully decorated. Together with pineapple rings and cherry tomatoes, it makes this dish more appetizing.
The beauty of this dish is from the freshness and chewiness of scallop together with spicy chili paste. It has a strong flavor and nice fragrance from combination of ingredients such as ginger, blue ginger, shallots etc… Check out the Ingredients list below.
You can savor flavorsome scallop with sour pineapple and sweet cherry tomatoes to give you a refreshing taste on top of its strong flavor. Enjoy and savor this dish.
– Scallop (a packet of 26 pieces)
Paste ingredients :
– 5 Candle nuts
– 5 bulbs Shallot
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 stalk of lemon grass
– Blue ginger (Galangal: 3 slices)
– Ginger : 3 slices
– Chili paste : 3 tbsp.
– Few red chilies (optional)
– Cooking oil
– Salt and seasoning to taste
Appetizer and decoration :
– Canned pineapple rings
– Cherry tomatoes
– Spring onion
Cooking method :
(1) Blend all paste ingredients into smooth paste, set aside.
(2) In wok, scald scallops in hot oil, drain oil and set aside.
(3) With the same wok, heat up 6 tbsp. of oil, stir in chili paste and blended paste, stir fry until oil is separated and ingredients are fragrant. Add in half cup of water for sauce and bring to a boil.
(4) Return scallops to wok, add in salt and seasoning to taste, stir fry and mix all ingredients. Continue to stir fry until scallops is cooked and tender.
Hope you like this recipe 🙂 Enjoy cooking!