Dear Friends, This steamed grouper is a family favorite and healthy choice which is cooked with steaming. No water is added to the dish. Sincerely like to share this sweet flavorful dish with you.
Flavorsome Taste of Dish
Grouper meat is tender and sweet. It savory as it absorbs the other flavors of ingredients. No water is added to this dish.
The soup is sweet and flavorful due to the freshness of grouper and fragrance of ginger, spring onion and mushrooms. The salty taste of Crunchy Pickled Cucumber compliments sweet taste. Soft tofu are added to balance its saltiness. The juicy cherry tomatoes is sweet and tasty with delicious flavors bursting in your mouth.
The combination of ingredients that are steamed together gives greasy grouper dish a very flavorful taste.
Dry mushroom (soak until soft and cut into strips)
Tofu (cut into cubes)
Pickled cucumber lettuce (10 pieces) and 2 tbsp of its juice.
Ginger strips (cut into stripes)
Spring onion (cut into stripes)
Red chili (cut into strips)
Mirin (or rice wine) : 2 tbsp
White pepper powder
Simple Cooking Method :
(1) Remove gills and intestine of grouper, rinse and wipe it dry. Marinate with some salt and pepper powder.
(2) Place grouper onto tray, stuff stomach with half of the amount of ginger and spring onion strips, spread all the ingredients around the grouper except the balance ginger strips.
(3) Before steaming, add in two tables spoons of pickled cucumber lettuce juice and mirin. Steam for 15 minutes or until the grouper is cooked.
(4) In the mean time, fry the other half of ginger strips with 2 tbsp of oil until golden brown. The oil is full of ginger fragrance.
(5) Before serving, pour ginger oil onto the greasy grouper, sprinkle with white pepper powder and garnish with spring onion, chili and crispy ginger strips.
*** The cooking time varies on the size of grouper fish ***