Steamed Rice Flour Cakes Recipe
Share with You soft, fragrant delicious rice flour cakes to You. You can enjoy them with Your friends and family. There is also a prosperous meaning to this rice flour cake. In Mandarin its is called Fa Gao (發糕) meaning prosperity and raised (rising to greater heights in life, career, wealth etc) Like to take this opportunity to wish You a prosperous Year ahead as well.
The beauty of this cake is its natural coloring made with foods like carrot, coconut palm sap sugar and pandan leaves. The Pandan Leaves gives green color, coconut palm sap sugar gives brown color, carrots gives orange color. For the white cake no coloring is needed.
Photo of Natural Colored Steamed Rice Flour Cakes
Photos of natural carrot juice coloring of steamed rice flour cakes with grated coconut flakes and coconut palm sap sugar.
Ingredients : (for 8 Rice Flour Cakes)
Rice Flour : 200 grams
Plain flour : 80 grams
Sugar : 100 grams
Water : 300 grams
Double acting baking powder : 3 tbsp
Colorings Ingredients :
– 1/2 carrot Carrot : blend into carrot juice (2 tbsp)
– 5 Pandan leaves : cut into small pieces and blend into juice (2 tbsp)
– Coconut Palm Sap Sugar (Ready made) :1 tbsp
(1) Mix Ingredients (A) until well blended. Divide into 4 portions, add in the 3 colorings, mix well.
(2) Pour them into mould. With cover, using micro-wave ‘HIGH’ steam for 12 minutes, (or 25 minutes for other food steamer).
(3) Beautiful rice flour cakes with natural coloring after steaming.