Stuffed Chicken With Glutinous Rice Recipe
Hello my friends, I like to share with you this deliciously grilled chicken stuffed with fragrant glutinous rice.
The glutinous rice gets really tasty as it’s infused with all the fragrant ingredients and the essence of the chicken. The chicken and glutinous rice are both flavorful and savory.
– 1 Chicken
– 2 cups of glutinous rice (at least soak for 5 hours)
– 1 Chinese Sausage (Slices)
– 5 pieces of dried mushrooms (slices)
– 100 grams dry shrimps
– 1 small can of braised peanuts
– 10 cloves each of shallots and garlic (chopped)
– Water (to fill the glutinous rice mixture before cooking)
– Salt and chicken seasoning powder (to taste)
(1) Rub salt all over the chicken and the inside of the cavity. Leave to stand for half an hour.
(2) Cooking glutinous rice :
(a)Soak glutinous rice and dry mushroom overnight (or at least 5 hours before cooking).
(b) Heat up non-stick pan with oil, sauté shallot and garlic until fragrant, stir in dry shrimps, mushroom, sausage and braised peanuts, stir fry and mix all ingredients.
(c) Lastly add in glutinous rice, sprinkle salt and chicken seasoning powder to taste, add water to cover rice. Stir and mix the rice mixture, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and leave to cook for about 30 minutes.
(3) Stuff the glutinous rice mixture into chicken cavity, seal with toothpick.
(4) Pre-heat oven. Grill chicken at 250°C in oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. (Timing depends on the size of the chicken.)