Fragrant Curry Chilies Stuffed With Fish Paste Recipe
My family and I are chili lovers. For this recipe, Red and Green Chilies are stuffed with fish paste, and then cooked with curry paste and coconut milk.
This beauty of this dish is that it has an aroma and fragrance together with the spiciness from the chili and curry. It is a wonderful taste sensation. The coconut milk in the curry adds a yummy fragrance to my taste buds. This blend of tastes is strong, fragrant and flavorful.
– 6 green chilies
– 6 red chilies
– 400 grams of fish paste
– Cooking oil
Curry Sauce Ingredients :
– 60 grams curry paste’
– 1 to 2 tbsp chili paste
– 200 gram thick coconut milk (1 packet)
– 200 gram of water (using the same coconut milk packet)
– Cooking oil
– 1/2 tsp of seasoning to taste
1. Remove seeds from chilies. Stuff chilies with fish paste.
2. Heat up pan with 3 tbsp. of cooking oil. Fry chilies with fish paste facing down. Turn when fish `paste becomes brown. Fry the other side. Set aside.
Cooking Curry Sauce :
1. Heat up pan with about 6 tbsp. of cooking oil, add in curry paste and chili paste, fry until fragrant and chili oil is formed.
2. Add in coconut milk, mix well then add water. Add in seasoning to taste. (Note: You can adjust the volume of water to get the desired gravy thickness.)
3. When gravy boils, return the chilies to the pan. Cover chilies with curry sauce and simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce boils again. Ready to serve.