Tapioca Coconut Cookies Recipe
Hello my friends, I am excited to share with you this fragrant, crispy, melt in your mouth cookie made with tapioca flour and coconut milk. It’s so tasty and yummy.
These tapioca coconut cookies are also known as Kueh Bangkit. The tasty part of these cookies is the fragrant taste of coconut milk. The tapioca cookies give you a melt in your mouth effect that will lift up your taste buds.
Take Note of Step 4 and Notes below which are important tips.
Ingredients : (for about 130 pieces of Tapioca Coconut Cookies)
– 400 grams tapioca flour
– 6 pieces of pandan leaves (each pandan leaf cut into 3 to 4 pieces)
– 2 egg yolks
– 120 grams fine granulated sugar (2 tbsp. to put into the coconut milk)
– 180 ml of thick coconut milk
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. With low heat, boil coconut milk with 2 tbsp. of sugar (taken from 120 grams). Set aside to cool before use.
2. In the wok, with low heat, fry tapioca flour together with pandan leave until it is light and fluffy. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir the flour lightly.
3. Beat egg yolks and the balance of sugar until creamy.
4. To make dough : Alternately add flour and coconut milk to the egg mixture slowly. The last addition of flour is done bit by bit to get a good firm dough.
Important note : The dough should not be too dry or too wet. If it is too dry, the cookies will be hard and crack. If it is too wet, the cookies will expand until the pattern disappear.
5. Roll dough to 1/2 cm thick, cut out cookies with the cookie cutter. Lay cookies on a greased tray, bake at 170 degree C for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Take note of this important Tip : After baking, let it cool and keep in air-tight bottle.