Tomato and Chili Sauce with Fried Pomfret Recipe
The crispy fried pomfret has an appetizing taste from the sweet and sour tomato/chili sauce. To balance the flavor of the sauce, raw cane sugar is added. (Can be substituted with white or brown sugar as preferred). The sauce brings out the flavor of fried pomfret.
The colorful bell peppers and onions are pleasing to the eyes and enhances appetite.
Besides its delightful taste, it is also a healthy dish to savor.
– Two Pomfrets
– Bell pepper (3 colors) : (cut into strips)
– 1 Onion : (cut into rings)
– 5 cloves of garlic : (crush)
– Tomato sauce : 5 tbsp
– Chili sauce : 3 tbsp
– Raw cane sugar (or white sugar) : 1 tbsp
– Cooking oil
– Tapioca starch : ( 1 tbsp of tapioca flour with 3 tbsp of water)
– Water : 1/2 cup
Cooking the dish :
(1) Remove intestines of Pomfret, marinate it with salt for 15 minutes.
(2) Dust the Pomfrets with tapioca flour. Heat up wok with oil, fry Pomfret until crispy and golden brown. Transfer to plate.
Cooking Tomato and Chili Sauce :
(1) Heat up wok with 1 tbsp of oil, fry garlic until fragrant, add in onions and bell peppers, stir fry all ingredients until fragrant.
(2) Add in tomato sauce, chili sauce, cane sugar and 1/2 cup of water, mix all the ingredients well. When the sauce boils, add in the tapioca starch until sauce thickens.
(3) Pour the sauce with ingredients over to the Pomfrets. Serve hot.